[ale] Speedfactory now requires mail contents to be readable

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 28 13:48:22 EST 2005

> Things change.  They was a time when SF could have taken the
> approach to
> not scan or care what is sent via its mail servers but my guess is
> that
> this is not about control.  I bet they are getting much pressure from
> outside individuals about spam, viri, etc that is coming from its mail
> servers and those nasty email originate behind its network.
>
> When someone tries to break into your server you expect their ISP to
> act.  The same as when someone's viral infected machine infects
> your you
> expect their ISP to react.  That is probably the motivation behind
> them
> scanning stuff.  They no longer have faith in their user base to do it
> so they must do it for them.  This is basically a CYA action.

This was my original point, and said much more eloquently.  Thank You.

They don't *have* the choice, simply based on the  probability that
joe user will have an unpatched, trojan-laden Windows system.  That
isn't their  fault.

Jerald M. Sheets jr.
Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator
The Weather Channel Interactive