[ale] Linux 2.4 and usb mice

Michael Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 02:02:40 EST 2005

On 12/27/05, Tejus Parikh <tejus at vijedi.net> wrote:
> This seems like it'd be easy to figure out, but I haven't been able to
> make any progress.  I have a MB with a VIA chipset, (C82xxxx shows up
> in lspci).  I also have a gyration wireless mouse.  This mouse works
> perfectly on my 3 2.6.x machines and on a 2.6 kernel on this box.  It
> appears to show up as a standard imps/2 mouse.

Can't say as I can tell you what's up with 2.4 & USB, since I haven't
used that combination in particular.  However, I can tell you that the
board that I have which has an all VIA based setup works pretty
good... it's a Syntax board with an AMD Duron 1.8 GHz CPU.  However,
the ALSA mixer settings are a bit messed up.  The "master," well,
isn't.  It's actually a strange combination of PCM and various other
mixers.  I'm working on a project in Windows at the moment (bleh), but
the next time I boot into Linux I can pull up the specs and show you
the mixer levels that work for my setup, and you can see if maybe
that's your VIA audio problem, there.

  Later,
  Mike