[ale] OT: question about replacing batteries in a APC UPS

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Dec 21 20:13:32 EST 2005

Mike: Great instructions. An easier method is to test with on of the $13
at Home Depot outlet testers. It has 3 lights that indicate all good,
open ground, open common, reversed polarity (hot swapped with common) or
fatal nightmare of hot swapped with ground (this will KILL a UPS). It
can't test the ground to cold water pipe path though so keep that test
around.