[ale] OT: question about replacing batteries in a APC UPS

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Dec 19 08:55:05 EST 2005

Those "brand new" batteries off of ebay are worn out. Go to Batteries
Plus and buy really brand new ones. Take both sets of your old one back
to them. They will handle the recycling of them (the batteries are taken
apart and the lead is extracted and made into more batteries.)

One of the biggest scams on EBay is "new" batteries for power supplies.
The only way to tell is to do some serious charging circuit monitoring
with manufacturing specs to compare with.