[ale] OT: question about replacing batteries in a APC UPS

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 18 23:58:36 EST 2005

Since this is a Smart UPS, you install APC's software on a Windows PC and see what their diagnostic program tells you?  I know there is Linux APC software, but I don't think it has the same functionality (yeah, yeah, I know).
Anyway, check the UPS and then let APC's software update the date the batteries were replaced (some setting buried deep in some obscure dialog).  The batteries themselves do not contain the start date, its stored in the APC's bios manually.

I suspect that the 12amp hour batteries might work in the 700 model, HOWEVER you really should check with APC Support to see.

-Jim P.