[ale] SuSE update

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Dec 18 15:37:10 EST 2005

Dow Hurst wrote:
> Tim,
> Are you purchasing the laptop from Emperor?  That is usually cheaper and
> more guaranteed when working with them than taking it after the fact.

I would agree with this based on my personal experiences.  It was
cheaper for me to purchase my Sony Vaio from Emperor preloaded then it
was to purchase it elsewhere and then have Emperor load it.

> Also, it does need to be a model they work with for the "not purchased
> from them" software workover.

Are you sure Dow?  I thought they'd do pretty much any laptop, but the
hardware support is not guarranteed.

> The Admin book in each SuSe package usually had a section on upgrading
> from one version to the next.  There were lot's of issues from 8.x to
> 9.x so 7.x to 9.x would probably be a reinstall and not upgrade
> recommended path for sure.

I tried to find the prereqs for upgrading to 9.2, but couldn't find them
in the manual.

--
Until later, Geoffrey