[ale] OT: Alternatives to Outlook on Winbloze

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sat Dec 17 19:22:02 EST 2005

Hello,

I'm going to visit my dad this Christmas and he is on Winbloze running
Outlook.  Well IMO Outlook sucks and what makes it worse is Norton
Antivirus.  He complains about mail not going out.  I can't seem to find
anything wrong.  The mail servers are operational.  I've dealt with this
problem before it came down to NAV not seeing the mail and checking it
therefore it simply sits in the outbox.  Outlook never even pops up an
error message.  They just set there and never leave.

Is Eudora still around?  How about Evolution?  Will it run on Windows?
What would be a decent alternative?

Thanks,
Chris