[ale] [SLE] suse apt in USA

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 17 15:03:52 EST 2005

There shouldn't be a legal problem since the DVD hack stuff is pulled by
scripting you download from Packman and run yourself.  It isn't stored
in the repository anymore.  The script pulls the stuff DVD decryption
library and compiles and installs it for you when you run the script.
The Mplayer binaries won't play an encrypted DVD by themselves.  It is
the packman site that has the SUSE Mplayer and other multimedia stuff
for those not familiar with SUSE rpm locations on the net.  And, I'll
second on a US based apt repository as being useful for SUSE.  However,
if limits need to be imposed on ftp.ale.org right now, can the system
handle additional traffic?  I just posted on Michael's topic about
ftp.ale.org so am thinking about bandwidth.
Dow