[ale] Laptop and linux

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Tue Dec 13 10:05:05 EST 2005

I'd second this recommendation and some of the other advise too.  I
have had good luck with Toshiba over the years.  They seem to have
the latest technology at the best price and in my experience they
last.  I have some really old units that I "inherited" back from
clients when Msoft made them out of date.  I let my kids use them
with DSL loaded.

My experience with HP has been the same.  Bargain basement junk.
IBM's have always been great for me.  I do business with IBM for
bigger computers and they support their PC's the same as their
Mainframes.  (documentation wise)

I would give the emperor guys a call if you can afford their work.