[ale] Laptop and linux

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Tue Dec 13 09:16:47 EST 2005

On Tue December 13 2005 9:08 am, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> That's because HP laptop are somewhat poor quality mechanically and
> dubious quality electrically. They seem to have power supply issues
> affecting battery life, and other issues as well. I have multiple
> clients with a plethora of laptops. They all hate the HP laptops.
> Yes, they cost less to start with. But that is an ongoing issue
> later.
>
> They only carry laptops that have an actual expected lifespan of 3-5
> years in actual use. Once the laptop gets under $1500, it is a
> disposable, albeit expensive, one.

a good quality product always makes support that much easier, I agree.
I always thought the Sony's where more geared toward the
gamer/music/graphics types, and I already have/had Dell desktops, and
I've been happy with them, so I guess that narrows the field, at least
for me, thanks!
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800