[ale] Disappointed, could not find SUSE 10.0 to buy this morning :(

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Fri Dec 9 19:44:08 EST 2005

On Fri December 9 2005 6:17 pm, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> Thanks Thomas, ?I finally found time yesterday to go to Fry's and
> pick up a copy.
>
> As far as online repositories of the various SUSE 10.0 rpms, Paul
> Cartwright told me about "smart" as a tool to download various SUSE
> rpms from apt repositories.
>
> AFAIK, the apt repositories are not official, so I don't know of
> anywhere to get official rpms online. ?The various ISOs you can
> download don't have all the rpms the retail version does (ie.
> xfsdump). ?That is one of the things that drove me to go buy a
> retail copy.

yeah, but Fry's is 60 miles from me, it is much easier to use smart :)
smart found xfsdump. I have found when I run smart update then use YOU
there are still apps to update. Each program seems to pick up updates
the other misses... I just today downloaded the HP rpm from HP, for my
new hpoj5610 all-in-one. I ran smart upgrade and it updated that
driver....

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800