[ale] help with Apache redhat setup

Randy Ramsdell rramsdell at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 7 09:27:36 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 07:37 -0500, mark walters wrote:
> I wanted to keep an open mind on this so I could get alot of original
> ideas on setup.
>
> I currently use rsync heavily for off-site disaster recovery backups.
> The only problem would be our users expect to immediately see their
> site changes.
>
> I was also considering using Apache redirects from server 1 to 2 .
>
> Any other ideas?

I assume the users on M2 have shell access. Could you set something up
for then to update or publish to M1? Or maybe some sort of file
upload/web app.

Although I haven't set this up, reading about redirects seems to work
also. For real world situations, I do not know which way would be best.
I think both ways file transfer or 2 webservers / redirect would both be
work equally as well. For security, I would probably favor the 2
webserver approach as it separates the average users from the main
system.

rcr