[ale] Lost keys...

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Wed Dec 7 07:23:48 EST 2005

David Corbin wrote:
> On Thursday 01 December 2005 12:48 pm, David Corbin wrote:
>
>>Certain key combinations that used to work in my IDE (eclipse) no longer
>>do. It appears to be something in the OS/X/window manager.  I'm running
>>Gentoo with KDE.  I've looked through the Control Center and not found them
>>assigned to anything.
>>
>>The two I know about are: CTRL+SPACE and CTRL+SHIFT+UpArrow.
>>
>>What's the best way to:
>> 1)verify that it's NOT eclipse, and
>> 2) determine what has 'stolen them'.
>

> What?  No suggestions for this?  Please.  I'm dying here.

Hi David,

   Ya, I'd bet on the WM, as I get different keys stolen depending on which one I'm running on.  I get a similar effect in Mozilla under Gnome/SuSE9.3-10.0, but I never determined exactly what was interfering.

   Also, CTRL+SPACE is often used by an Input Method Editor (scim for example) to toggle the IME on and off.

--Keith