[ale] Q: How do I make permissions on /dev/* 'sticky'?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Sat Dec 3 07:30:17 EST 2005

Maybe I'm missing something here, but it's been my experience that
devices that might be useful to users such as ttyS* have permissions of
660 and the group is set to something meaningful like disk or tape or
dialout etc.  The way to permit users to access these devices is to add
them to the dialout group, for instance.

That way you don't have to screw with the device permissions.

It's been the way my distros worked andway.

Jim.