[ale] svn build: configure can't fine db

Thomas Stromberg lists at stromberg.org
Fri Dec 2 18:28:30 EST 2005

I don't believe that Subversion 1.2.3 (released in August) supports
Berkeley DB 4.4 (which was just released this week!).

Regardless, you can build Subversion without Berkeley DB and use the
fsfs module (--without-berkeley-db), which is what I recommend for
most usage patterns for Subversion. It can be a royal PITA when your
Berkeley database is corrupted and you lose revision details, or more
common, when you upgrade to a new version of Berkeley DB and can't
read your old subversion database. If you do choose to use the bdb
backend, I highly recommend having a crontab that runs svnadmin dump
nightly!

// Thomas Str?mberg
// http://toadstool.se/
// +1 678 773 9475