[ale] Some Headway RE: Configuring X11 on SuSE-9.3

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Fri Dec 2 09:22:58 EST 2005

Geoffrey -

Thanks for the help. I think you touched the core with "sounds like ...
a minimal install", which is not what I had expected.

I was able to restart the update by first commanding 'Abort', then going
back to 'Continue'. Once the hours-long pull of OpenOffice ended, the
rest of the download ran smoothly. Maybe the 'gatech' mirror decided,
"Enough, already!" and closed the connection, else my overnight download
conflicted with some maintenance activity.

I'll try the updated box this evening.

I'll probably try the KDE-mode re-installation, since I'm very happy
with that setup on my laptop. I was just blind-sided when I didn't end
up with a similar environment on the desktop box.

 - Mills