[ale] KDE upgrade

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu Dec 1 07:09:43 EST 2005

On Thu December 1 2005 5:38 am, Mike Barnes wrote:
> I am using SuSe 9.2 and would like to upgrade my KDE from 3.3 to 3.5
> using Yast. However, I can not figure out what sites I need to add
> to my installation to get the upgrade working.
>
> I do know that I need to add 2 sites
>
> ????????1) supplementary
> ????????2) KDE packages
>
> Could someone tell me what sites I need to use
I am on SUSE 10.0 and I upgraded recently to KDE 3.5. I used YOU to
upgrade, but here is my smart channels list : /etc/smart/channels
( smart is the new 10.0 upgrade process, like apt, but better):
/etc/smart/channels # cat *
[packman-apt]
name = Packman 3rd party package repository for SUSE Linux on
ftp.gwdg.de
baseurl = http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386
type = apt-rpm
components = packman
[suse-apt-base-gwdg]
name = SUSE Linux packages apt-rpm repository on ftp.gwdg.de
baseurl = http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386
type = apt-rpm
components = base
[suse-apt-security-gwdg]
name = SUSE Linux packages apt-rpm repository on ftp.gwdg.de
baseurl = http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386
type = apt-rpm
components = security
[suse-apt-update-gwdg]
name = SUSE Linux packages apt-rpm repository on ftp.gwdg.de
baseurl = http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386
type = apt-rpm
components = update
[guru-apt]
name = suser-guru 3rd party package repository for SUSE Linux on
ftp.gwdg.de
baseurl = http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386
type = apt-rpm
components = suser-guru