[ale] OT: un-freaking-believable!!

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 1 06:27:54 EST 2005

I know I'm sending this from a BellSouth account. It's because the monopoly
itself kept me from getting an account with Speakasy. But now a BellSouth
exec is arguing for his company's right to manipulate the way services are
delivered to you over the Internet. They might, say, speed up Yahoo and
downgrade Google. Or they might slow down a VOIP company they see as a
competitor. He is asking for nothing short of the right to undermine the
Internet for all BellSouth users. Read more here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/30/AR2005113002109.html

Registration required and all of that, but this is worth it.