[ale] Syntax problem

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 08:40:37 EDT 2005

David A. De Graaf wrote:

> I certainly agree with that.  ( that the vi editor is superior to all
> others )     ;-)

Jumping in a little bit late, but I used to use vi (like as in from 1996
until about two months ago), and I'm finding that there are things that
I would just accept as "You can't do that with an editor!" and emacs
says "Yes, you can!"

Not to start a flame war, but if I'm going to go in and edit a
configuration file and test its changes, I'll use 'vi', and if I'm going
to work on a development project, scripting, markup, or anything
involving more then a couple of files or tasks, I'll use emacs... even
for writing pure-text documentation (set-fill-column is great!)

They both have their niches.  And the more I learn about emacs, the more
I find for it to do ;-).

	- Mike