[ale] suse 9.2 and Realtek 8139 eth0 problems

jtholmes linux at jtholmes.com
Sat Aug 20 22:22:29 EDT 2005

Some how my kernel combined with hotplug and now tries to load the
Realtek 8139cp driver
on the  Realtek 8139C+ chip which takes the  8139too driver.

I can modprobe 8139too and the eth0 appears and I can config it.

I have looked all over and turned pci_debug but to no avail, i cant find
where the 8139cp is contained and the first thing the kernel card services
does is try to  load the 8139cp in the  8139C+ chip and no go.

Any help would be appreciated. Just point me in the  right direction
as the 8139cp must be in some config file.