[ale] Can I tell my Linksys router to always serve the same IP address?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 14:33:13 EDT 2005

This is one of the limitations I don't like with the Linksys products
(I am not a Linksys fan at all). Assigning specific IPs based on MAC
should be part of the default firmware but it isn't. You can load the
Sveasoft stuff if you don't mind loading third party firmware; it
should give you the ability to do what you want.

This kind of thing is why I use a cheap old Pentium2 machine for a
router. I decide what the limitations are not some company out to rape
my wallet.