[ale] Can I tell my Linksys router to always serve the same IP address?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Aug 24 13:48:53 EDT 2005

I'd really like to have each machine in my network have a predictible IP
address, but I also really like the idea that DHCP does more than give
an IP address (such as furnish DNS info also) so I don't want to just
set up static IPs for each machine. I'll never have more systems than
there are available IP addresses, so I really don't need for the router
to expire the addresses.  So can I tell it to not expire or in some
other way tell it to keep the same IP for a specific MAC address forever?

Thanks,
Jim.