[ale] MySQL Cluster

Kevin O'Neill Stoll kevinostoll at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 07:26:11 EDT 2005

You should really read:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/hpmysql/
http://highperformancemysql.com/

Gives some great detail on how to configure clusters base
on your applications specific needs, to include various
ways to parition your cluster for optimization. I found it
invaluable.

But to summarize, if your application is high volume reads
with proportionally low volume writes, then you should be
able to get away with slave copies clustered and one write
only master.

You have to play with your connection strings a bit but it
works well.

HTH