[ale] Ot: Geek Squad

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Aug 17 10:49:28 EDT 2005

  I remember reading that.  Also they did an impact test between the SMART
and some 4door luxury sedan.  The smart doesn't have crumplezones.
Instead it has a full steel rollcage or such.  In the impact the sedan
crumpled and the smart bounced like a ping-pong ball, but the passengers
came out just fine.  That is how the car was supposed to react.

Thus spake Christopher R. Curzio (ale at accipiter.org):

> On that very link that was posted, it says the car is U.S. compliant and
> has the proper DOT approval.
>
> That means it's about as complicated as registering any other car.
>
> --
> Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
> http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
> :wq!
>

> Thus Spake Warren Myers <volcimaster at gmail.com>:
> Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:03:04 -0400
>

> > I've been looking at them when they show up on eBay, and my question is
> > what  would it take to get them licensed in the US if I bought one
> > there?
> >
> > WMM
> >
> > On 8/17/05, Grant Robertson <f.grant.robertson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I so wish the smart would come to the US.. They're becoming kinda
> > > popular in Canada. Neat little buggers, and suprisingly roomy.
> > >
> > > -G

> > --
> > http://warrenmyers.com
> > "God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going
> > on  with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd_s
>

>  ** ACCEPT: CRM114 PASS Markovian Matcher **
> CLASSIFY succeeds; success probability: 1.0000  pR: 103.3293
> Best match to file #0 (nonspam.css) prob: 1.0000  pR: 103.3293
> Total features in input file: 8432
> #0 (nonspam.css): features: 11228229, hits: 92787951, prob: 1.00e+00, pR: 103.33
> #1 (spam.css): features: 4271668, hits: 172046217, prob: 4.68e-104, pR: -103.33

:wq!

DISCLAIMER:
      These are MY OPINIONS             "We can't solve problems by using
       ALONE.  I speak for                the same kind of thinking we used
       no-one else.                         when we created them."
                                          - Einstein