[ale] Full backup including hidden files

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Fri Aug 12 17:55:34 EDT 2005

Perhaps a silly question, but let's say I want to backup my home
directory (maybe a .tgz file) including all hidden files and
directories.  What would be the best/easiest way to do such?  I'd be
putting this on a removable media like CD-RW.

I have a lot of files (including hidden ones like .vimrc) that I'd like
to keep safe.

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Trey

A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation.
		-- H. H. Munroe

Linux chameleon 2.6.11.4-21.8-default i686 GNU/Linux
  5:52pm  up   1:13,  4 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.39, 0.30