[ale] what to do with dozens of 40GB IDE drives?

Randal Jarrett K4RSJ rsj at radio.org
Wed Aug 10 18:02:40 EDT 2005

It is in the current 2.6.xx kernels.

It is very easy to implement.  It only took me about 10 minutes
to bring up an AOE drive in Suse 9.3.

I did some timing comparisons with different disk copies and it
held its own and even was faster on some tests.  Sorry, I don't have
the results.  We did the tests on my test/crash system that one of
my sons appropriated last month. :-(

The single drive (eval) hardware is kind of expensive but the
multi-drive packages (both PATA and SATA) are very in-expensive
compared to a lot of other solutions.

Randy

--

Randy Jarrett  K4RSJ