[ale] multiple monitors - different desktops

Gregory C. Johnson MailReply at GregJohnson.Com
Mon Aug 8 08:16:31 EDT 2005

> You can have a 12" old CRT with limited vertical Hz refresh

This just fired one of the few remaining neurons...

If you're willing to step back a few generations on the GPUs, Appian and
Colorgraphics are/were "the" names in multi head.

All my multi-head is 2D, so their S3-class stuff works well for those boxes.

I have a 4 port Colorvision card that just barely missed driving my
Cornerstone Color 21/76s at 1600x1200 at 102.  It is missing it's hydra
dongle, but it is yours for a SASE.

I can also hook you up with a 2 port Predator Pro if you'd like to play,
though the newer dual head cards thrash the old Predators on every
metric...

-Greg