[ale] multiple monitors - different desktops

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 6 10:06:52 EDT 2005

there is a card with 4 output available, was it Matrox?  Might find one
on Ebay as I don't know if they are still sold new.

You can also use SLI enabled motherboards with dual Nvidia cards to get
more than two monitors hooked up.  the driver will allow certain
combinations of dual monitor single desktop or multi-monitor multi-desktop.

A big plus with the nvidia setup is that different monitors are handled
very well.  You can have a 12" old CRT with limited vertical Hz refresh
rate next to a 20" LCD from Dell at 60Hz and the driver will accelerate
and join into a seamless desktop both monitors.  Nvidia had that for
Linux before they had it for Windows!
Dow