[ale] Dead CMOS battery

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sat Aug 6 10:05:53 EDT 2005

I've got an old P-200 machine that I feel I can still get some good use
out of with something like Damn Small Linux.  However, I can't boot
from CD (by changing my BIOS settings) because the CMOS battery is now
dead and it keeps reverting back to the original settings once saved
and booting from the hard drive.

I don't know how easy it would be to replace the CMOS battery.  What
are my options here?  Can I get this to work with a dead CMOS battery?

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Everything is worth precisely as much as a belch, the difference being
that a belch is more satisfying.
		-- Ingmar Bergman

Linux salamander 2.6.11.4-21.7-default i686 GNU/Linux
 10:03am  up  14:33,  4 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.07, 0.02