[ale] RAID + Silicon Image 3114

unicron at madhorizons.com unicron at madhorizons.com
Mon Aug 1 10:36:02 EDT 2005

All -
I purchsed an Asus MB and a cpl of Opterons...overall works fine.  In the BIOS
and on the board, is RAID setup.  I set up the RAID in the BIOS, and all seems
to work, at least it boots properly.  When i do a mdadm -E /dev/sda, i get the
following below.  What i wanna know is...does this mean that the
controller/BIOS software is mirroring the while disk properly?  I have not
built anything via raidtools or mdadm...this came in straight from bootup.

###  BEGIN MDADM OUTPUT

/dev/sda:
          Magic : a92b4efc
        Version : 00.90.00
           UUID : fd6ae4ed:ab1cf99a:a3b3d5a7:d5243999
  Creation Time : Sun Jul 31 08:30:04 2005
     Raid Level : raid1
   Raid Devices : 2
  Total Devices : 2
Preferred Minor : 0

    Update Time : Mon Aug  1 00:39:00 2005
          State : clean
 Active Devices : 2
Working Devices : 2
 Failed Devices : 0
  Spare Devices : 0
       Checksum : 552a95bd - correct
         Events : 0.2

      Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
this     0       8        0        0      active sync   /dev/sda

   0     0       8        0        0      active sync   /dev/sda
   1     1       8       16        1      active sync   /dev/sdb