[ale] HOW2 copy text from an Xwindow that is longer than a screenfull ?

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 09:36:54 EDT 2005

Jim's suggestion is good.  Another option is to use something other
than xterm.  For instance, konsole (the kde terminal) will scroll if
you select text and then drag off the top or bottom of the window,
allowing you to select arbitrarily large amounts of text.  Of use an X
emacs window (not emacs in text mode like in an xterm, but with its
own window).  Run a shell in emacs (M-x shell) and then run your
command in emacs.  The output all ends up  in a window.  The standard
emacs copy reagion command also put the text in the X buffer, allowing
you to middle click to paste it into another window.

Michael