[ale] HOW2 enable "attachments" under Evolution ?

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at joimail.com
Thu Apr 28 10:34:14 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 08:20, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 08:35 -0500, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> > Thank you Stephan. If I learn a better way I'll let you know.
> >
> > I'm quite surprised to learn of Evolution's cumbersomeness.
> >
> > Don't those people ever use it :-)
> >
> > Courtney
> >
> I didn't follow the entire thread on this so if this is out of line, hit
> delete.
>
> In my Evolution, when I compose a new message and hit "Attach", I get a
> window that lets me find the file to attach. Once I select the file and
> hit "open", it puts it in the compose window at the bottom in a new
> panel area. On my config, that panel is closed by default and I have to
> click on "Show Attachment Bar" to open it. I am running evo 2.0.4 on
> FC3. It has been as simple as I describe above for several years now.

Thanks Jim.

I too get the attach window but then nothing happens when I click on the
desired file to be attached.

I don't know what you mean by your "config" but I am unaware of a "Show
Attachment Bar" option.

BTW, I'm running Ximian-1.4.6 and don't know how to "update" Ximian and
moreover see that Novell apparently has now taken Ximian over.

Further advice ?

Cordially,
Courtney