[ale] firefox on Linux questions (middle click close tab)

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Mon Apr 25 22:11:36 EDT 2005

Ok, I'm now running Linux as my preferred desktop of choice.  However,
I've noticed that in Linux, when I middle click on a tab in Firefox, it
doesn't close the tab.  In fact, sometimes I get very bizarre/unrelated
websites that appear in the tab.

Does anyone have any idea what this behaviour is, and how I can set FF
to close a tab when it's middle clicked on (with the mouse wheel; I'm on
x86 not PPC).

As always, thanks in advance - this is really frustrating.

Thanks,
-CB