[ale] Debian and Palm Pilot

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Apr 25 08:26:58 EDT 2005

Sergio Chaves wrote:
> On Sunday 24 April 2005 12:49 pm, Jim Seymour wrote:
>
> On my Mandrake 10.1, USB sync stopped working when upgraded Kernel from
> 2.6.8.1-12 to 2.6.8.1-24.
> My friend had a similar problem in his Suse 9.2.
> The connection is lost somewhere in the middle of the syncing process.

On my RH workstation 4 laptop I had to add the following to my rc.local
to get my palm to sync via usb:

test -h /dev/pilot || ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/pilot
/bin/stty -F /dev/pilot 115200
chmod 666 /dev/ttyUSB0

It seems the device link is removed on reboot, so I recreate it, set the
speed and perms.

Mine is a bit more complicated though as it is a serial sync via a
serial to usb converter.

--
Until later, Geoffrey