[ale] Silly Window Manager Trick: How can I export a control-panel widg et to start apps from a remote X-server?

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 20 17:51:11 EDT 2005

IIUWYM (If I understand what you mean) ;)

then issue something like this command for a KDE panel with startup menus:

ssh -X user at remotehost 'kicker'

I believe something like this will work.  If your running Gnome then the command would be different for whatever the gnome TaskBar is where you can start programs.  Let me know if this works.  I used to get the "ToolChest" on the SGI to display locally from a remote machine.  I could run shells or the System Manager from that little Task Menu application.
Dow