[ale] problems running perl scripts thru apache 2.0.52

Eric T etoxen at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 16:13:25 EDT 2005

I recently compiled apache 2.0.52 and have recently
discovered perl is no longer working. I am still using
the redhat rpm version of perl, version 5.8.0.

when I call perl programs thru Apache, web server
returns  "Internal Server Error" error.

server log shows the following:
(8)Exec format error: exec of
'/var/www/etools/chocolate/html/perltest.pl' failed
Premature end of script headers: perltest.pl

script runs fine from command line, eg 'perl
perltest.pl'

apache has the following modules compiled in:
  core.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_proxy.c
  proxy_connect.c
  proxy_ftp.c
  proxy_http.c
  mod_ssl.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
  mod_so.c

perl/apache works fine with the redhat/rpm apache
version 2.0.46