[ale] "vacation" use

Ryan Fish FishR at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 15 06:18:04 EDT 2005

On Thursday 14 April 2005 07:44 pm, Ryan Fish wrote:
> They can login now (to their mail only - which is exactly how it should
be)
> just fine; only "vacation" fails to work properly if they lack shell
> access. I am wondering if there is a way to get "vacation" to work right
> without giving users shell access.

I know this is the long way around the answer, but it sounds like you're
trying to get groupware functionality without installing a groupware server.

Why not just bite the bullet and install one of the good open source
groupware servers? Then you get vacation and much, much more.

- The answer to that one is money.  My client would never approve it due to
the cost to make such a change.