[ale] GDB problem on RH AS 3

pras at cycloeastern.com pras at cycloeastern.com
Tue Apr 12 12:01:50 EDT 2005

All,

I work for a company in that has started using Linux for one of its projects
that has traditionally in the past been running on all other big iron *nixes.

We just got our first build on RH Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 4),
and gdb attemptys fail miserably.

Background info:

The product is written in C/C++ and is compiled with gcc 3.2.3
The gdb version is as follows:
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.1post-1.20040607.52rh)

I am able to attach to a process and see the stack using backtrace or bt. frame command
works and even break command works.

When I try to do a 'cont', the server process which is supposed to execute continuously exists normally.

This is what I see

(gdb) cont
Continuing.
[New Thread -1245635664 (LWP 8226)]
[Thread -1220756560 (LWP 7953) exited]

Program exited normally.
(gdb)

Do you guys know what might be going wrong ?

Prasanna Subash            | If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there
pras at cycloeastern.com      | more happy people?