[ale] ALE NW meetings are postponed until we locate a new site

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Apr 12 10:20:19 EDT 2005

Barry Hawkins wrote:

> [...]
> Geoffrey,
>     Are talking about consolidating only Central, NW, and South, or are
> we also talking about rolling NE into the mix?  Once we have that
> clarified maybe there should be a separate thread to poll folks about
> the consolidation.  That might give the leadership a base of input in
> reaching a decision.

My expectations are:

1. locate a new location for NW meetings as I feel there's still enough
of a desire by enough folks to attend.  Further, I would need help in
getting presenters and running the meetings.  I don't have a problem
with having meetings without presenters, because they seem to work as
well.  But I need at least one other person to step up to the challenge
of physically attending the meetings so that we have some responsible
party there.

2. If #1 fails, then simply eliminate the NW meetings and expect folks
to migrate to either NE or Central.  My expectation is that folks who
would attend NW would generally migrate to Central, based on proximity.

I have no intention of suggesting the elimination of the NE or South
meetings as I've got nothing to do with them and don't feel it's my
place to do that.

--
Until later, Geoffrey