[ale] VIM buffer

linux linux at jtholmes.com
Tue Apr 12 09:49:24 EDT 2005

Not sure about a switch to turn this feature, but it sounds like the vim history feature is not turned on in RH.

I think an easier method is to open both files and use the  V (highlight lines) command
then
ya  (saves the highlighted lines)
:b2  (open buffer/file 2)

go to line before or after where you want to paste
and use
P  or  p

Howerver, I gather from you mesage you did the  yy  and expect it to stay around until you open
the next file. I dont know if that is possible.

If you do find it is a history file switch then please post back to ale so others can know about this.
thx
jt