[ale] ALE NW meetings are postponed until we locate a new site

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 11 21:08:27 EDT 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:15:03 -0400
Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net> wrote:

> Barry Hawkins wrote:
>
> > I normally attend the Central meetings.  It seems like all the
> > locations (I didn't know there was a south meeting until today)
> > have been short on speakers and have some leadership changes coming
> > up.  So, here's the big question that we may be getting around to:
> >
> > Should we entertain the (re)consolidation of the meetings?  It seems
> > like a consolidation would allow for a pooling of leadership,
> > speakers, and crowd size (which usually affects what sort of
> > speakers you can attract).
>
> That's kinda where I was headed with this.  At best, we would have
> 10-15 folks at the NW meetings.  Last meeting I went to at Emory was
> about the same.
>
> That's why I wanted to know how many folks who had been attending the
> NW meetings would attend the Emory meetings if the NW meetings were
> permanently cancelled.

I have attended both in the past.  I live in Canton, so it's much
easier for me to get to the NW meeting as opposed to Emory, but if that
was the only option, I would continue to go to the Central meetings.

--
Cheers,
Trey

"Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."
		-- Marvin, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE i386 i386 GENERIC
 8:58PM  up 2 days,  8:31, 0 users, load averages: 0.29, 0.43, 0.31