[ale] Burning CDs

Sergio Chaves sergio at turbocorp.com
Mon Apr 11 07:02:16 EDT 2005

On Saturday 09 April 2005 11:30 pm, Geoffrey wrote:

I just added

chmod 666 /dev/devname on my rc.local file.

It works just fine.

> Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> > Geoffrey, I am willing to try anything at this point.  I have learned
> > how to change perms and ownership of files, directories, etc., and
> > I _think_ I have changed all relevant perms.
> > Now I have read the man pages for sudoers and visudo and, if possible,
> > am more confused than before.
> > Where, exactly, in your sudoers file is that line? and are esoteric
> > and rhws users on your machine?  In other words, should the line read
> >
> >>userfoo userbar = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/k3b
>
> Sorry, brain fart.  esoteric is the id, rhws is the machine name.
>
> esoteric rhws = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/k3b
>
> The above says permit user 'esoteric' to run 'k3b' on 'rhws' without
> prompting for a password as follows:
>
> sudo k3b

Sergio Chaves
Edi and IT Support
Turbo Logistics, Inc.
(Office) 770-532-2239
(Fax)     770-531-7878
sergio at turbocorp.com
www.turbocorp.com

This transmission (including attachments) may be: (1) subject to the
Attorney-Client Privilege, (2) an attorney work product, or (3) strictly
confidential to Turbo Logistics, Inc.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this message (or authorized to receive for the intended recipient), you
may not read, retain, disclose, print, copy or disseminate to anyone this
information. If you have received this in error, please reply and notify the
sender (only) by reply email, and destroy all copies of the message
(including any attachments). Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a
violation of federal criminal law.