[ale] Linspire and other commercial distros

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Sep 30 09:26:46 EDT 2004

I do not know why they chose to run as root.  In our J2EE server that we
sell sometimes the tomcat user needs to be root to do system related
stuff.  I use sudo to accomplish that.

The goal of our server is to be web based only so ip config and
everything else takes place on apache running perl scripts.  Anytime the
system files need to be touch then sudo is used.