[ale] 2.6.8.1 Kernel Panic

linux linux at jtholmes.com
Fri Sep 24 16:00:16 EDT 2004

if you want a 2.6.8.1  .config file that works let me
know at

jtholmes at jtholmes.com

and i will send you one
I concur with the other  reply  on this message
sounds like the proper drivers are not loaded

I also have a shell that  will  step you thru the process
of compiling the  2.6 kernels  and should help you
create a useable kernel

btw are you using grub  boot loader, if not might want to
consider changing to it as it is more robust than  lilo
and has the ability to failover to a bootable  os if the
one you are trying to boot from is defective.

let me know if I can help you but reply outside of Ale Mail
reply to my personal mail above.
thx