[ale] Volunteers needed for short demo of unusual desktops

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Sep 24 09:30:50 EDT 2004

Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> On Thursday 23 September 2004 08:11 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I know that many of us like to be a little different from the crowd.  We
>>>all customize our systems in one way or another.  Some of us more than
>>>others. Is that you?  Are you pleased with your Linux setup?  Do you
>>>wonder why everyone seems to use GNOME and KDE instead of a cool desktop
>>>like yours? Then I'm looking for you!
>>>
>>>I'm looking for volunteers to step up and give short (~15 min)
>>>presentations on unusual desktops.  When I say "unusual" I mean "anything
>>>but GNOME or KDE."
>>
>>How about a dual head with Enlightenment and a smattering of gnome?
>

> I'm not that picky.  As long as it depends in some crucial way on the
> Enlightenment piece, I guess that'd be fine, but I don't want to compare
> gnome with sawfish vs. gnome with Enlightenment vs. gnome with TWM, if you
> know what I mean.

Understood.  Well, I do take advantage of a lot that Enlightenment has
to offer.  I used to use a lot more of the epplets, but have replaced
them with gkrellm for the most part.  I rely on Enlightenment
remembering where everything goes and I use both virtual desktops as
well as multiple desktops (there is a difference).

I can run through some of the available eyecandy as well, although I
don't use it as, it get's to the point where you want to use the cpu for
something more useful. :)

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995