[ale] Mixing SATA and IDE?

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 23 19:10:02 EDT 2004

Yes, I have tried putting the drive physically in the machine, and then
upon boot, tried mounting the drive.  It acted like there was no
filesystem on the drive.  It is a ext3 filesystem and one partition but
the drive wasn't recognized.  After some work, I realized that the ide
module was missing and the SATA drive was recognized via the SCSI
modules.  So, I thought maybe that I needed to compile the kernel with
the ide module enabled.
Dow