[ale] Mixing SATA and IDE?

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 23 16:04:25 EDT 2004

Is there any reason I can't use an IDE drive in a machine with a SATA drive at the same time?  Dell 360n w/RHEL3 Wkstn has a SATA root drive and I want to add an IDE drive.  There aren't modules available to mount the drive.  Only the SATA scsi module is available.  How would I go about getting this working?  Recompile the kernel and modules to support both SATA and IDE?  Haven't done this in a long time so am going to have to review.  Thanks,
Dow

Dow Hurst, Research Scientist
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
435 New Science Building
PO Box 26170
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
336-334-5333 Temporary Office
336-334-5402 Fax