[ale] Volunteers needed for short demo of unusual desktops

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu Sep 23 15:27:03 EDT 2004

Hi,

I know that many of us like to be a little different from the crowd.  We all
customize our systems in one way or another.  Some of us more than others.
Is that you?  Are you pleased with your Linux setup?  Do you wonder why
everyone seems to use GNOME and KDE instead of a cool desktop like yours?
Then I'm looking for you!

I'm looking for volunteers to step up and give short (~15 min) presentations
on unusual desktops.  When I say "unusual" I mean "anything but GNOME or
KDE."

When I say "desktop" I mean "one of the many frameworks for building apps that
look alike and work together."  Examples are XFCE, Rox, IceWM, and FLTK
desktop.  There are probably more.  I don't mean twm or fvwm, unless someone
has written a system of fvwm tools that work particularly well together.

If we can get 3-5 people so show off different systems, I think that would be
a fun meeting.

So, if your'e interested in demoing your unusual desktop, please let me know.

Thanks,

Michael