[ale] OS Windows text editor for Unix files

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu Sep 23 09:32:02 EDT 2004

Guys,

We have some reports that come out of a legacy unix system.  They're
pretty standard unix reports: space-separated, 132 columns, ^L-page fed,
\n-line fed files.

I'm looking for a free (as in speech, hopefully) text editor that can
properly read and print these files on the windows side.  JEdit is the
only free one that's done a good job recognizing the line feeds and EOLs,
but the printing is horrible.

Anyone know of one I should take a look at?  I've looked at a few others
(notepad++, notepad2, jext), but none fit the bill.  It's a VERY simple
task we're using it for, simply printing and viewing, so no super duper
features needed.

Thanks guys!
John