[ale] OT: Connect to SparcServer 20 via hyperterminal

Michael Still stillwaxin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 10:52:48 EDT 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:32:02 -0400, Michael E. Barker
<mbarker68 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have a com1 adapter, a network cable, hyperterminal set to 9600 8-n-1, a
> Sun SparcServer 20 with two ports on the back labled tp<...>.  I've done
> this at work with a sun fire but it doesn't seem to work with the sparc.
> Can anyone offer advice?
> --
Make sure you don't have a keyboard attached to the sun keyboard plug
on the box.  Also if there is a frame buffer in you might want to take
that out as it will default to tty if there is no frame buffer in.

Also make sure your cable is a null modem cable.

Also I believe the serial port on the SS20 is a db25 and not a rj45.
Make sure you're in the right port.